Re: [Asrg] Summary of junk button discussion

2010-02-24 05:36:40

--On 15 February 2010 22:22:47 +0100 Jose-Marcio Martins da Cruz <Jose-Marcio(_dot_)Martins(_at_)mines-paristech(_dot_)fr> wrote:

I don't like the name "Add a junk button", as this mechanism can
be used to signal a junk message when someone want to complain,
but it may also be used to do feedback about messages : both
false positives and false negatives.

Yes, we've already discussed that problem, and several ways to mitigate the problem, quite extensively. I've added this text to the wiki: "Also out of scope are other ways in which administrators respond to such reports, however it's worth noting that any response mechanism should be robust to false reports, whether they're malicious or accidental."

Regards

José-Marcio

Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex