Re: [Asrg] UCEPROTECT's comment on draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

2011-02-27 13:45:04
Dear Jose-Marcio,

Your post just suggested people here doesn't know what they're talking
about... So you looked for
the same kind of answer. So, let's talk about...

It is obvious that *YOU* don't know what you are talking about...:-)

First, I'm not defending lazy/incompetent/... people. I'm just telling that
people shall have a
chance. Accidents may happen, and if it's quite rare...

Really?
Hmmm lets think about that and see our actal numbers:

http://stats.uceprotect.net/?page=su

Looks like there were 1,7 Million such "rare" Accidents within the last 7
days?

Sure Accidents can happen but you can also provoke them if you are negligent
/ incompetent / lazy ....
If you are parking your car in front of your house, leaving it unlocked and
let the keys inside,
yes then it is very like that childrens will play with your car and
accidentally manage to kill
someone with your car...

But: That would have not been happened if you would have locked your car and
you would
have taken the keys with you.

The analogy with the accidently spamming server is the same.
What do you think: How many "Wannabe Admins" are too stupid / lazy /
whatever to lock outgoing
traffic to port 25 universe except the own mailrelay in their firewalls?
These losers don't have to wonder if one of their clients inside get
infected, starts spamming
and is subscribing the Companies natted Mailserver IP into the blocklists of
the world.
They could have prevented it with a single rule in their firewall....

Also, I'd like just to talk the reasons your mail server rejected my
message and how serious they
are. I suppose my message was rejected by your blacklist...

The rejection message, based on my domain name, points to two lists :

http://www.blacklistalert.org/?q=jose-marcio(_dot_)martins(_at_)mines-paristech(_dot_)fr

* list.anonwhois.net - well - they say our domain is using anonymous whois.
Not sure, but either
way, how is this related to sending spam ???

It is not related to spam, it is related to my decision to not accept emails
from domains listed at anonwhois.org
Hey my server - my rules ....
I reject email form many reasons and that is my personal decision.

Our domain isn't anonymous. Check our website and you'll see what we do.
Do a "whois
mines-paristech.fr" and you'll get all information, name, telephone
numbers, ... We're not anonymous.

I had no reason to mistrust the guys at anonwhois.org until today.
Having a lookup at http://anonwhois.org/lookup.html?check=mines-paristech
fr&submit=submit#
You will find that they say: Protected by takebackprivacy.net
If you do no longer match their listing criterias then feel free to request
them to remove your domain.

* apews.org - welll. One MX of our domain (so, in ingoing only mail server)
in a site different of
my one, is in the network 193.49.0.0/19, and all this is blacklisted as it
seems it's a dynamic
range of IP addresses. But... we own the 193.49.22.0/24 subnet. And ALL
addresses there have reverse
DNS declarations and NONE are dynamically assigned.

APEWS is NOT a criterium on my server.

Either way, none of these reasons are related to sending spam.

Again: I make the rules on my system - I can reject because of today is
Sunday if that would be my wish ....
A rejection does not necessarily have anything to do with spam.

I tried to go to your web site and, sure, you ask me to pay to be delisted.
!!! No technical reason
can justify your list to reject our messages.

Your simply a liar.
I checked the Range http://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php?ipr=193.49.22
0
and found it is not listed at UCEPROTECT-Network.
That logically means YOU WERE NOT ASKED for a paid delisting.

That proofs you are a Liar - shame on you.

Claus von Wolfhausen
Technical Director
UCEPROTECT-Network
http://www.uceprotect.net