Re: [Asrg] Greylisting BCP

2011-10-24 09:16:59
-----Original Message-----
From: asrg-bounces(_at_)irtf(_dot_)org
[mailto:asrg-bounces(_at_)irtf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Jose-Marcio Martins da
Cruz
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 3:11 AM
To: Anti-Spam Research Group - IRTF
Cc: Chris Lewis
Subject: Re: [Asrg] Greylisting BCP

Greylisting is there and it will exist for some time. There are good and bad
variations/optimisations, good and bad software configurations... This BCP
should not generalize
saying that all greylisting is bad, even if some people are tempted to
say so.

The point is not to make a general good/bad statement about greylisting.  The
better approach, in my opinion, is to lay out the pros and cons and let the
reader decide if it's right for his/her installation.

It seems to me that this BCP mention only problems caused by the
filters.

That's not the intent.  It will also point out the benefits.

What's still lacking in the BCP proposal is a section about the
behaviour of senders MTAs, which,
IMHO, causes a lot of problems too.

Good point.

Some examples of bad things which really causes problems to
greylistings :
[...]

Thanks, I've added these to the outline.