Re: [Asrg] RFC 6471 and "listing the Internet" as a punishment

2012-01-24 09:28:37
On 1/24/12 10:07 AM, Martijn Grooten wrote:
I was just wondering whether the RFC says anything about this kind of behaviour
('listing' everything as a punishment). To my reading it doesn't.

Only thing in the RFC close to this is 3.4, regarding shutting down gracefully (MUST NOT list the entire Internet).

Listing the world for folks overloading your system is unlikely to have the effect that you want, and is most likely going to impact folks who have no say in the configuration of the receiving mail server.

-- D, who was just investigating a spate of URIBL-related blocks yesterday...