[ietf-clear] CLEAR Charter

2004-09-29 17:48:33
A couple of comments on the draft charter:

* The name of the WG. I like the CLEAR acronym. I might
change "Low-level" to "Low-overhead." Low-level implicitly
attacks what we are proposing, while "Low-overhead"
reinforces the standards.

* I support all except two of the edits which Matthew has
made at:

http://wiki.fastmail.fm/wiki/index.php/ClearCharter

- If the change Low-level to Low-overhead is accepted, then
change references to Low-level in the text to Low-overhead.

- The qualifier of "mainstream" in the sentence:

"The techniques will be compatible with usage and
operations practices for Internet mail."

When I first looked at this, I agreed. However,
"mainstream" is open to interpretation and the sentence as
written implies compliance with applicable RFCs and BCPs.
If people wish to make it explicit, might I suggest
rewriting the sentence to read:

"The techniques will be compatible with usage and
operations practices for Internet mail based on applicable
RFCs and BCPs."

(Presuming I have properly described the references.)

Okay, enough about how many angels can dance on the head of
a pin.:-)

John

P.S. As a MARID refugee, thanks to all for moving ahead
with CLEAR.

John Glube
Toronto, Canada

For The Record, Will Microsoft Own Email
http://www.learnsteps4profit.com/dne.html

---