[ietf-clear] CSV in action

2004-10-08 16:35:16
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Matthew Elvey wrote:

Given that CSV requires far fewer admins take action, we're likely to see
stupid^H^H^H^H^H inappropriate comparisons, like # of domains publishing SPF
vs # publishng CSV, given that most domain owners that would benefit from CSV
don't need to have CSV records.

I've been talking about implementing CSV with my hostmasters. It's worth
noting that in order to do it properly you must have positive CSA records
for all your email servers, negative CSA records for EVERYTHING else, PLUS
a wildcard negative CSA record. If we implemented it we'd have many tens
of thousands of CSA records straight off, even though we only have a few
hundred email domains.

CSA implies a doubling in the size of your zones.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
HUMBER THAMES: NORTHEAST 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6 LATER IN THAMES. FAIR. GOOD.