[clear] DNS Records for CSV?

2005-06-22 02:40:53
In <20050622061350(_dot_)917(_dot_)qmail(_at_)xuxa(_dot_)iecc(_dot_)com> John
Levine <clear(_at_)johnlevine(_dot_)com> writes:

Correction.  Round-robin is working OK at aol.  I waited 3166 seconds,
and got the same 4 MX records above, but in a different order.  I'm
still learning DNS.  :>)

You shouldn't have to wait for the TTL to expire, you should be
getting the round robin results for every query.

He's asking his local DNS cache, not the AOL servers.

Agreed, but since it is the local caching NS that does the rotation,
it still shouldn't make any difference if the TTL has expired or not.
At least with my bind 9.3.1, both the Answer section and the
Additional section rotate.  The stuff in the Authority section
doesn't, but then, I'm not sure if the NS are a "RRset" or not.

I poked at the AOL servers and it appears they return the same stuff
each time, albeit not always in the same order.

Yeah, but I seem to recall my testing of this stuff over a year ago to
show that AOL *did* return different stuff, not just a different
order.  Maybe I'm misremembering, or AOL has changed to anycast, or
something since then.

-wayne