Re: DKIM implementations SHOULD support replay protection (was: Re: [ietf-dkim]Re: Replay attacks and ISP business models

2005-08-08 15:18:18
 It is just that they do not provide `full`
 DKIM, but `only` DKIM without replay protection (class 2)

Amir,

I'm a bit confused.

Please cite the documentation that distinguishes "full" DKIM from "class 2"
DKIM.  I have never heard this distinction before.

I thought that there was exactly one DKIM and that it provided a single
mechanism for authenticating an identity associated with a message body and
selected RFC2822 headers.

I do not recall DKIM's pursuing the topic of replay, except to protect against
someone modifying an authenticated message and resending it.  (That is,
fraudulent content, rather than merely re-sending the same, validated content
new addresses.)

DKIM clearly does not protect against re-sending to different RFC2921.rcpt-to
headers.

So I'm quite confused about the nature of this thread, since it seems to go
considerably beyond the stated goals and capabilities of DKIM.

  d/
  ---
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking