Re: [ietf-dkim] on the scope and necessity of threat analysis

2005-08-13 17:50:48
On August 13, 2005 at 17:12, Michael Thomas wrote:

And I have the right to put them on my blacklist and tell all
my friends. And I don't even need to guess where they are
since they'll be using a name binding rather than hiding behind
a zombie army.

Who controls the blacklist?  From your statement, it appears to be
under end-user control.  This is fine, but that still does not reduce
the volume of spam.

If the blacklist is at the domain level (i.e. ISP level), then you
get into problems of censorship, because the concept of undesirable
mail is subjective, so should ISPs be in the business of dictating
what email is acceptable or not?

BTW, Keith is right about others "waiting in the wings."  Much spam
is of such obvious questionable taste, that they pollute the bulk
mail space for those who believe that have legitimate products to sell.

--ewh