Re: [ietf-dkim] Not exactly not a threat analysis

2005-08-15 15:14:31
BTW, you left out a key statement when quoting me
that qualifies my statement.  Mr. Otis mentioned "the
permitting the submission of the message."  However,
a DKIM signature can be generated by someone
else besides the originating domain, depending on OA
SSP policies.

Absolutely right.

Therefore, the signer may not be domain that initally
accepted message into the mail transport system.

Absolutely right again.

This type of signature claims a different type of
responsibility than, "the permitting the submission of
the message."

Absolutely right again!  This type of signature is saying "Look, this
message passed through my signing machine and the signature I affixed
attests to the message content I saw when I signed it."  This type of
signing identity can be used as an input to a filtering process but it can't
be assumed to be from the OA.  Am I wrong?

--
Arvel