Re: [ietf-dkim] Not exactly not a threat analysis

2005-08-15 15:36:28
On August 15, 2005 at 17:12, "Arvel Hathcock" wrote:

This type of signature claims a different type of
responsibility than, "the permitting the submission of
the message."

Absolutely right again!  This type of signature is saying "Look, this
message passed through my signing machine and the signature I affixed
attests to the message content I saw when I signed it."

Yep.

Care must be taken that no accountability is assumed on behalf of
the signer on the desirability of the message.  The signature just
states that a given message passed through their system.

--ewh