Re: [ietf-dkim] a bit of philosophy on working group productivity and scope

2005-08-16 07:40:35
When an effort starts, the more difficult the topic and the more diverse the participation, the higher the risk of standardization failure.

On the contrary, the risk of standardization failure becomes higher when the standards fail to address the problem. If the problem is inherently difficult and complex, oversimplifying the problem is a sure way to produce yet another failed standard.

As of today, there is no standardized transit-time message authentication technique. If we can produce a standard that permits validating ANY identity with a signed message, we will have created a stable base for all sorts of enhancements.

Several existing email authentication standards prove you wrong.

Keith