Re: [ietf-dkim] a bit of philosophy on working group productivityandscope

2005-08-14 16:14:53
I think not. I think I'm trying to say that what you defined as minimally useful isn't sufficently useful to be worth the effort of a working group. I think the minimum needs to be higher.

I agree with that.

What I am attempting to say is that I do not believe there is any sigificant value in signing some new, invisible e-mail identity. For it to have value, it needs to relate to a current, visible identity.

It *can* have value even without being tied to an internal message header because you can always use the identity (whatever it is) as a filter input. I completely agree with Dave on this point. But this value is nowhere near sufficient protection for a domain owner. DKIM without a required SSP is almost totally ineffective in protecting the rights of a domain owner.

What I'd like to know is whether Dave's view has any support or not. There are many people who haven't commented on this topic.

--
Arvel