[ietf-dkim] Focus on: Threat Analysis and Chartering

2005-08-17 09:37:29

Folks,

The note that I posted to a number of threads on this list attempts to
highlight how far afield most of our discussion has gotten.

A number of threads were started with the purpose of resolving issues that
very much have to do with producing a threat analysis and/or getting the
group chartered.

Then they have wandered off into the bushes of engineering protocol details
or debating larger email philosophy.

We need to get considerably more focus on the only requirement currently
facing us:  getting chartered.

To get chartered, our immediate requirement is a threat analysis.

The threat analysis has been characterized by our cognizant AD as attending
to the threats that DKIM is intended to respond to.

The threat analysis, therefore, is another perspective on intended working
group scope, DKIM value proposition, and similar organizing frameworks for
the standardization effort.

Can we please apply the obvious enthusiasm present on the list to solving
our immediate requirement?

  d/
  ---
  Dave Crocker