Re: [ietf-dkim] Not exactly not a threat analysis

2005-08-17 09:43:54
--- Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> wrote:

users.  a large sample, yes, but their market doesn't seem to be
business users.  or at least, that's my impression.

Well, smallbusiness.yahoo.com supports 100s of thousands of, well, small
businesses and their email/e-commerce needs. I think it's also fair to say that
Arvel's company routinely comes into contact with thousands of SMEs.

In another post you say that:

 And ISPs typically aren't directly serving the market that is most likely to
care.

and

Market research can be deceiving here.  The introduction of email

it also appears that must UA authors don't "get it", as far as you're
concerned.

If the market you are defending is so narrow as to be missed by so many, maybe
it should be served by a profile of email or another protocol rather than
burden everyone with a constituency that, as far as I can tell, is small and
ill-defined?

Mark.