Re: [ietf-dkim] Not exactly not a threat analysis

2005-08-17 08:49:28
The point is that the WG has to be able to make changes to DKIM and to
address valid technical issues in DKIM.   Failure of DKIM to
interoperate with mailing lists is a bona fide technical issue, one
which IMHO would block it from becoming Proposed Standard.

Now having said that, I'd very much like to see a set of guidelines for
mailing lists that discouraged munging of originator-supplied content.
But I think we're going to be stuck with subject munging for a while.

So this is new to you; it's been discussed to death before --
and even on the MASS list.

This is a process issue.  Understanding gained in the previous
discussion can inform the WG discussion but cannot preempt discussion
of this issue by the WG - and certainly cannot be used to justify a
technical flaw in DKIM.  I bring it up now because it might relate to a
discussion about DKIM's charter.

PS: as I said, take a look at l= and z= and their implications
     for mailing lists.

IMHO, these are a useful start, but I think they need work.  For
example, the MUST NOT prohibition against verifiers using the z= field
seems a bit overstated.

Keith