Re: [ietf-dkim] Not exactly not a threat analysis

2005-08-17 08:22:52
what's this "we" stuff, white man?  we don't even have a WG yet and
you're trying to insist that this is already a settled issue?

It's "settled" insofar as the people who hate it don't have
to do it, and the people who like it can reconstruct messages
through "ordinary" mailing lists, and delete off any added
cruft if they're worried about it. My implementation right
now doesn't break through this list, others do.

The point is that the WG has to be able to make changes to DKIM and to
address valid technical issues in DKIM.   Failure of DKIM to
interoperate with mailing lists is a bona fide technical issue, one
which IMHO would block it from becoming Proposed Standard.

Now having said that, I'd very much like to see a set of guidelines for
mailing lists that discouraged munging of originator-supplied content.
But I think we're going to be stuck with subject munging for a while.

Keith