Re: [ietf-dkim] Charter bashing...

2005-10-12 02:54:07
Jim:

My inclination is to waffle, to permit multiple signatures but not to
encourage them and not to try to specify the semantics.  They don't
seem very useful to me, but they also don't seem so clearly useless
that I would want to outlaw them.
Agreed; at the very least they shouldn't be declared out of scope by the charter because there is substantial support for considering possible use of multiple signatures.

I agree that they should be considered as fair game within the context of the working group. I'm a bit nervous about not specifying semantics. It may be useful to enumerate possible cases and provide guidance. However, that can happen once we have a working group to argue this over ;-)

Eliot