Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-fenton-dkim-threats-00

2005-10-12 15:09:21
What is the "identity" being validated?

To quote one of my favorite people, "The identity is _whatever it is_". LOL. Meaning that if altn.com signs the message the identity is altn.com. If yahoo.com signs, yahoo.com, etc. Right?

Some identities have more intrinsic "worth" over others.

And DKIM is designed as input to help determine which identity has what level of "worth" for ones particular tastes.

If the identity being validated has little, to no,
intrinsic "worth", then nothing is gained.

I think I'm missing the point. How can you assess the "worth" or an identity absent a conclusive understanding of what/who the identity is?

--
Arvel