Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: dkim service

2005-10-14 08:10:50
Dave Crocker wrote:
This dilemma is completely possible today by
inspecting the ip addresses in received headers. Somehow
the world has continued rotating,

Could have sworn we were talking about formal standards and what works for them, rather than what kinds of informal heuristics people use. Please cite a standard that has that specifies the kind of trust ambiguity you are promoting.

RFC 2822, section 3.6.7.

There's intermediate ground between "find one" and "analyze
the relationship" too. One can treat them as independent
entities for input to a rules engine too.

one "can do" many different things. the purpose of a standard is to specify specific ones.

Really? Where in RFC 3261 does it dictate what ring tones
must be used when I receive an INVITE? And does that imply
that my jumping penguin is a non 2822 compliant Biff?

Just because a protocol provides information doesn't mean
that we have to specify *every* possible outcome of a service.

                Mike