Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: WG Review: Domain Keys Identified Mail (dkim)

2005-12-22 17:46:53
Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:
Eric Rescorla wrote:
But the problem is that the currently proposed charter, would, IMO,
preclude the adoption of something that was a better way to go if it
couldn't be demonstrated that that change was necessary for the success
of DKIM. That's why discussing that charter language is prior
the discussion of specific technical changes.

That's the nice thing about objections without investment.

They are so purely conceptual and, therefore are not burdened by any
obligation to provide substance.  Not even the minor effort of
examples.

In that light, it's not surprising that you failed to gain support
during the open DKIm BOF and online group discussions.

Well, Dave, I didn't raise this issue at all in Vancouver, and I saw
support for it in Paris. As for the mailing list, I assume you're
familiar with the word "self-selected".

In any case, a number of people on the IETF list seem to agree with me.
And since the standard is IETF consensus...

-Ekr