Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: WG Review: Domain Keys Identified Mail (dkim)

2005-12-23 08:57:53

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005, Stephen Farrell wrote:

Hi Eric,

Eric Rescorla wrote:
The not-DKIM proponents want something better, for some value of
"better".

More accurately, we want the charter not to foreclose the option
of doing something better, on the grounds that it's incompatible.

I hope Tony's proposal to use the xmpp text instead resloves the
charter issue for you.

I think if we have a consensus on that text amongst both proponents
and not-proponents then we can and should move on. (Which for this
list means considering Jim's latest threats draft I guess.)

Stephen,

The issue with limitations due to text that says that authorization
keys will be placed and retrieved from dns is still open.

---
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net