Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: DKIM and mailing lists

2006-01-19 08:54:40
Our lives would be simpler if everyone would mail only in
ways that matched our favorite simple security model

Sure, but where some practice is far beyond anything found
in an RfC it's okay to say "broken".

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone here.  E-mail mailing lists have
been around for over 30 years, and have been mutating and remailing
messages just as long.

Does anyone really think that DKIM can set rules about the way that
existing mailing lists can run, and get any response other than
derisive laughter?  Lists exist today, DKIM doesn't, and if DKIM is
going to be useful, it better deal with the way that lists actually
work.

R's,
John