[ietf-dkim] Re: New Issue: TLD key publication and signing

2006-02-15 12:36:55
Hector Santos wrote:

    HELO com              <--- INVALID
    HELO example.com      <--- valid
    HELO [example.com]    <--- INVALID
    HELO 1.2.3.4          <--- INVALID
    HELO [1.2.3.4]        <--- valid

JFTR, that's state of the art 2821, maybe 2821bis will add
two cases:

      HELO cat.             <--- valid (trailing dot)
      HELO example.com.     <--- valid (dito)

And maybe 2821bis will allow to drop the funny ipv6 tag for
IPv6 literals.

So this probably suggest that DKIM base spec should document
"d=" as a MUST FQDN, with domain literals are not expected.

Possible.  Above all for ABNF lines like...

|  sig-d-tag       = %x64 [FWS] "=" [FWS] Domain

|  sig-i-tag =   %x69 [FWS] "=" [FWS] [ Local-part ] "@" Domain

...I expect to find a line "Domain =" modulo white space.  I'm
used to check ABNF elsewhere, please not also here.  Let's get
a proper import interface, all it takes is an ABNF line like...

   Domain = <as specified in RFC 2396>

...anywhere, and then I'd know that this can't be what we want,
because 2396 is obsolete.
                          Bye, Frank

http://dkim.org/ietf-list-rules.html