Re: [ietf-dkim] Supporting alternate algorithms

2006-02-22 10:29:29
Michael Thomas <mike(_at_)mtcc(_dot_)com> writes:

Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
SHA256 is a full NIST standard.
Its just suspect because it is based on the SHA1/Md5 technology amd
likely to be replaced

   Ok, but that doesn't exactly answer my question. Is it really the
   case that sha-256 will be The annointed successor for the time
   being? Especially in light of the above? Transitions are never
   easy and forcing one might be a cure worse than the disease.

As I understand it, NIST says that SHA-256 is it for the next
few years. Certainly, there's nothing else in the pipeline at
even remotely the same level of development.

-Ekr