Re: [ietf-dkim] OT: DK credits

2006-02-22 12:00:15

On 19 Feb 2006, at 3:16 AM, Frank Ellermann wrote:

Hi, I put the Wikipedia entry for "domainkeys" on my watchlist,
and edited some details like moving a link to Dave's DKIM page
to the first position in the "external links" section.

Russ Nelson added Eric, John, and himself to the intro as the
main "domainkeys" developers, is that correct ?  All listed in
the credits section of Mark's draft, but are these three out of
26 listed in Mark's draft a good selection ?

Sorry, I've a "thing" with SEO spam, and somebody adding a link
to an article about himself triggers my alarm bells, if the
'edit comment' only mentions adding Eric and John.  Of course
it's perfectly okay to do this if it's correct, but I want to
verify it:  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DomainKeys>

The question isn't so much what's wrong with it, but what's right with it. I've been involved with DKIM from before any thought of unification (and on both sides). There isn't a paragraph in there without something glaringly wrong or just stupid.

It needs to be rewritten. Presently, people would be better served by having the article just be a link to dkim.org.

        Jon