Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: Concerns about DKIM and mailiing lists, etc.

2006-03-16 14:00:35
> Alt-N's case, I'd think it ought to be clear that if the option to use
> z= is turned on, it deviates from compliance with the DKIM spec.
>
> Arvel, I'm curious: how do you explain that option to the
> administrator?

I have not implemented this. I mentioned it only as a possible way to deal with subject alteration.

However, if I were to implement it, I would definitely mention the issue of losing the [list name] prefix. I would put warnings in both the user manual _and_ in a popup box that appears anytime the option is enabled. I would also mention that re-tasking the z= for this purpose was not the intent of the authors.

At the risk of tossing out another lame idea:

One could also construct a new subject header of this form:

Subject: <signed data>  Warning, unsigned content - (old unsigned data)

This is less safe but at least gives a warning to the user and would have the [list name] construct present for filters.

Ok, I'm ready to get flamed.  LOL.

--
Arvel