Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: Concerns about DKIM and mailiing lists, etc.

2006-03-16 16:40:18
However, if I were to implement it, I would definitely mention the
issue of losing the [list name] prefix.  I would put warnings in both
the user manual _and_ in a popup box that appears anytime the option
is enabled.

I suspect users would not consider this this to be an improved user
experience.  If you were to go down this road, which I do not
recommend, I expect you'd end up with a database (shared or private)
of lists and tags so you could skip the warning when the difference is
the tag that the list is expected to insert.  Ugh.

As I've said before, I'd rather encourage list owners to sign their
mail and use those signatures instead to whitelist lists from
well-behaved sources.

Subject: <signed data>  Warning, unsigned content - (old unsigned data)

And the unsigned data includes [Dial 800-555-2368 for herbal Vi(_at_)gra!]

Bad guys are clever, and we must assume they will drive a truck
through whatever opening we give them.  This strikes me as one that is
particularly ripe for abuse.

R's,
John