RE: [ietf-dkim] ABNF: Sender = Originator / Operator

2006-03-17 07:12:12
If the author creates the subject matter he is responsible whether
knowingly or not.
thanks

Bill Oxley
Messaging Engineer
Cox Communications, Inc.
Alpharetta GA
404-847-6397
bill(_dot_)oxley(_at_)cox(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of SM
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 12:26 AM
To: dcrocker(_at_)bbiw(_dot_)net
Cc: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] ABNF: Sender = Originator / Operator

Hi Dave,
At 12:09 16-03-2006, Dave Crocker wrote:
For the purposes of discussing accountability, email creation,
distribution, and consumption can be discussed in the terms used for
creation, distribution and consumption of books and the like.

Therefore...

     Responsible for creating the message content.

As this discussion is about accountability, I suggest removing the
"responsible" part from that line.  The author creates the message
content.

Publisher:

     Responsible for some degree of author and/or content
"approval" and for injecting the content into the Internet Mail
service.

As we move down the distribution chain, we find that the publisher
may be identified as the responsible party as he/she can, to some
degree, do content "approval" and identify the author.

Regards,
-sm