Re: [ietf-dkim] Splitting the DKIM base doc

2006-03-26 18:04:35
Dave Crocker wrote:

Folks,

The only thing I'd add is to ask folks to also bear in mind
our charter [1] deadlines when suggesting new document
structures. ...

A split is guaranteed to cause that date to slip, fullstop.

Although we certainly need to pay attention to impact on the schedule, the amount of impact is significant.

Uh, boy do I agree...

Partitioning of documents is considerably more than a bookkeeping exercise in abstract aesthetics. It has a fundamental impact on clarity and schedule, and often produces components of specification that are far more crisp.

Crisp for _whom_? Developers? No. The casual dilitante? No -- short
attention span. Who is this crisp for?

I'm really having a hard time understanding why we're so intent on snatching
defeat from the jaws of victory.

         Mike