Re[2]: [ietf-dkim] multiple keys under same selector+domain?

2006-04-11 18:24:07
     You slap a new key under the existing selector

but i thought that that was exactly what one is supposed NOT to do.
a selector gets at most one key.

I think this discussion has brought that out. It has sharpened my
understanding - yesterday I thought that you *would* stick multiple
keys under a single selector. It makes a lot of sense to use a single
key per selector (as someone said, selector space is cheap), it was
just a new concept to me. The rest of the discussion is (to my mind)
purely about the utility of multiple signatures. Personally I can't
see a point in using these when rolling keys (or algorithms, as a
matter of pragmatism I figure that if you're rolling an algorithm,
you'd roll a new key to go with it). Doug Otis has pointed out that
there are other reasons to use multiple signatures, and I accept
those examples.

this disparity of the group's understanding about key management strikes me
as... key.

Groan. Now stop that already :-)

Jonathan