RE: [ietf-dkim] Straw poll on x=

2006-04-18 14:37:35
Current
x=   Signature Expiration (plain-text; RECOMMENDED, default is no
       expiration).  The format is the same as in the "t=" tag,
       represented as an absolute date, not as a time delta from the
       signing timestamp.  Signatures MUST NOT be considered valid if
       the current time at the verifier is past the expiration date.
       The value is expressed as an unsigned integer in decimal ASCII,
       with the same constraints on the value in the "t=" tag.  The
value
       of the "x=" tag MUST be greater than the value of the "t=" tag if
       both are present.

           INFORMATIVE NOTE:  The x= tag is not intended as an anti-
           replay defense.

Proposed
x=    Expiration date (plain-text; RECOMMENDED, default is no
       expiration).  The format is the same as in the "t=" tag,
       represented as an absolute date, not as a time delta from the
       signing timestamp.  Signatures MUST NOT be considered valid if
       the current time at the verifier is past the expiration date.
       The value is expressed as an unsigned integer in decimal ASCII,
       with the same constraints on the value in the "t=" tag.  The
value
       of the "x=" tag MUST be greater than the value of the "t=" tag if
       both are present.

           INFORMATIVE NOTE:  The x= tag is not intended as an anti-
           replay defense. Its proposed use is to indicate Key/Signature
expiration. When message is considered expired It becomes the
policy of the verifier on how to further process the message.

Bill Oxley
Messaging Engineer
Cox Communications, Inc.
Alpharetta GA