Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: What the verifier can do

2006-04-30 08:57:41

However, it CAN distinguish between text that is specifying how to perform straight verification, versus text explains all sorts of secondary hacks. The former is precise, reliable and clear. The latter is whatever folks feel like making it. Mixing the two confuses both.
A specification cannot "prevent" a verifier from trying any crazy (or sane) thing they want.

Fully agree. I am proposing staying silent on heuristics in the core protocol, not banning them. Does that work for you?

silence would be, ummm, golden.

an added benefit would be that we could all stop talking about them in this standards process...

d/

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
<http://bbiw.net>