[ietf-dkim] Issue 1287: signature removal

2006-06-08 21:14:40
I took another look, and I see I didn't realize this section
is just about signers, not about forwarders, so:

I suggest we change the last sentence of section 4 to:

 Signers SHOULD NOT remove any DKIM-Signature header fields from
 messages they are signing, even if they are unable to verify
 those signatures.

Then perhaps add an informative note:

 INFORMATIVE NOTE: A message forwarder may remove DKIM-Signature
 header fields if it modifies a message in a way that makes it
 implausible that a subsequent verifier could verify the
 signature, e.g., if it reorders the MIME parts in a message
 or flattens an HTML message to plain text.

R's,
John