Re: [ietf-dkim] Summary of jabber meeting of 22 June

2006-06-24 16:25:46
John, I think one of us must be missing something.  Why would the
flag always be set the same?  The problem only occurs when you are
using g= in the key, and there might be good reason why you would not
want to limit the signature to the d= domain in this case, e.g.,
role-based names such as perhaps "postmaster".

I suppose tht postmaster(_at_)foo(_dot_)com might be the same as
postmaster(_at_)bar(_dot_)foo(_dot_)com, but in my experience if
postmaster(_at_)bar(_dot_)foo(_dot_)com
sends any mail, it's exactly because he's not the same person as
postmaster(_at_)foo(_dot_)com(_dot_)

But like I said, I can live with a flag.  If I'm right and it's always
set, we can deprecate it in 2009 or so.

R's,
John