Re: [ietf-dkim] Relaxed body canonicalization

2006-06-27 05:06:29

On Jun 27, 2006, at 12:28 PM, Jon Callas wrote:

On 26 Jun 2006, at 11:41 AM, Michael Thomas wrote:

I'd still like it left in and if it's unused or providing no value, to remove it
at DS.

I agree with Mike. There's plenty of time to drop it. If we get closer to DS and experience is showing we don't need it, it's easy to drop it. It is very difficult to put it back in again if we drop it now and regret that decision.

I also agree with Mike's view. It would be unfortunate to find some gateway or MTA is not accommodated which represents some percentage of users. Until testing is more complete, the minor change afforded by the relaxed body canonicalization may represent something statistically significant. If not, it should be removed. Having information makes this choice an easier call, where removing this option now will negate an ability to collect information that isolates the problem.

-Doug