Re: [ietf-dkim] CNAME's

2006-07-05 09:48:59

On Jul 5, 2006, at 9:16 AM, Mark Delany wrote:

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 10:11:35AM +0200, Peter Koch allegedly wrote:

The problem might be one of wording, since 3.6.2.1 says that the keys are ``"stored" in a subdomain named ""_domainkey""'', where that's actually the (sub)domain used to query for them. An example using CNAME might be
helpful as well.

Yep. In light of the possible confusion I also wonder whether a
multi-label Selector should also be discussed or inferred by example.

Definitely. In order to do stunt-dns-server tricks, as will be needed to make
key management for ESPs tolerable, multi-atom selectors are a must, and
it would be annoying if we had to go through a phase where some DKIM
validators got that case wrong.

Cheers,
  Steve