[ietf-dkim] Re: CNAME's

2006-07-04 13:09:56
It's my belief that DKIM selectors don't allow CNAME's. Am I correct?

Nope. A CNAME is just an indirect address. For example, this would work with all the DNS implementations I know:

foo._domainkey.bar.com  CNAME farble.baz.org

farble.baz.org  TXT "normal dkim key record"

But as I said, CNAME loops have been a feature of the DNS for 25 years, and we're not making the situation any worse. That's why Paul said queries that return a record or something like that. CNAMEs are either an infinite loop or a chain that terminates.

R's,
John