Re: [ietf-dkim] bh=; l=0;

2006-07-02 09:58:08
Stephen Farrell wrote:

Mike,

Michael Thomas wrote:

Paul Hoffman wrote:

#13 3.4.5, 3.5 and 3.7. "l=0" is allowed, but "bh=" is REQUIRED, which is a bit
of a contradiction.

"l=0;bh=;" seems valid.

It doesn't seem valid to me, and it's certainly not the natural thing that an implementor would do which is to just take the value of SHA[1|256]_Final
and compare it against the bh= value. Leaving it as is doesn't create an
unnecessary new case.

I think I agree that "l=0;bh=;" is wrong, but I'm not clear what you're
saying that "bh=" should contain when "l=0"?

Just the normal base 64 encoding of the 20 byte output of SHA1/SHA256 --
nothing different than normal, eg l= > 0.

         Mike, not knowing what those values are offhand :)