[ietf-dkim] Re: bh=; l=0;

2006-07-02 08:39:27
Paul Hoffman wrote:

At 7:23 AM -0700 7/2/06, Michael Thomas wrote:

I don't see what the problem is: l= is the canonical byte count, and that's
just as true with bh as is was before bh was invented.

The question is, what string do you hash when l= is given? I am interpreting the spec as that you has the string with the length given in l=; are you reading it as you hash the entire body regardless of the presence of l=?

No, the former lest l= mean nothing at all. I don't seem to recall this being an
interop problem in any of the implementations we have now either.

      Mike