Re: DKIM TTPs (was Re: [ietf-dkim] editorials and nits)

2006-07-07 12:04:46

Folks,

Douglas Otis wrote:
 Indeed DNS does not offer a reasonable method to exclude bad
actors (secure), where a trusted third-party does.

Doug is again insisting on grappling gamely with the wrong end
of the stick.

The rest of the world however knows that a ttp in an Alice/Bob
crypto protocol is any entity they trust who can hurt them by
misbehaving. For dkim the dns is such a beast since it can
supply Bob with the wrong keys for the wrong domains. I think
a sufficient number of people have agreed with the above that
we no longer need debate the fact.

If anyone else wants to assert that the dns is not a ttp for dkim
then please do so, saying why, and we can have a fun, but basically
unprodutive discussion.

Otherwise we should get back to the point, which was put best by
Mike I think - should base mention the dns' role as a ttp at all,
and if so how?

Stephen.