Re: [ietf-dkim] Draft minutes...

2006-07-12 21:36:57
I interpret this text differently.  If the signer uses a signing address
that matches (for example) Resent-From, and wishes the verifier to see
that its role is as a resender, then it must sign Resent-From.  But
suppose someone resends a message to a mailing list, which itself
signs.  The list isn't the Resent-From address, so it is not required to
sign Resent-From (although it may, of course).

-Jim

Eric Allman wrote:
The draft has /always/ said that these header fields are to be
signed.  From -03:

       any header field that describes the role of the signer (for
       example, the Sender or Resent-From header field if the
       signature is on behalf of the corresponding address and that
       address is different from the From address) MUST also be
       included.

All I've done is re-word it.

eric

--On July 12, 2006 5:27:57 PM -0700 Michael Thomas <mike(_at_)mtcc(_dot_)com>