Re: [ietf-dkim] Draft minutes...

2006-07-13 08:49:51
Tony Hansen wrote:

From: and Sender:.

All four of these headers should be treated as: if present, it MUST be
signed.

Here's my big question though: does your receiver enforce that, or is this just a policy mandate on the signer? The original text made it sound a lot like the latter. The new wording makes it sound a lot like the former, which I think is
a big problem. As I said, I'd be even happier to get rid of the normative
language here to eliminate this ambiguity on the receiver altogether.

      Mike

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com

Michael Thomas wrote:
Eric Allman wrote:

For the same reason From: has to be signed --- they represent the
[fill in blank with your favorite word: author, originator, whatever]
of the message.  I suppose we can legitimately ask why From: MUST be
signed though.  In terms of interoperability it is not required, but
in terms of being useful it seems like it is.
 I'm unclear on Resent-From and Resent-Sender: can they be added in
transit?
 If so, the MUST as worded below will guarantee the signature won't be
valid
 after somebody adds those headers.

 I guess if you're going to make these MUST requirements why Sender or
 ListID aren't MUST's too. Frankly I think the wording with From, Subject
 and Date is fine and leave the rest to the disgression of the signer.

     Mike

eric

--On July 12, 2006 4:36:41 PM -0700 Michael Thomas <mike(_at_)mtcc(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Eric Allman wrote:

    > section 3.6.2, Resent-From, and Resent-Sender MUST also be
      included.
Why MUST these be signed?

      Mike