Re: [ietf-dkim] Issue: which headers should we REQUIRE to be signed?

2006-07-13 14:29:06

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barry Leiba" <leiba(_at_)watson(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com>

As chair, I see a growing consensus to do it that way.  Let's try to
resolve this issue tout de suite, and move on.  I'd like to hear from
people who think we should have some headers as "MUST sign".  I'd like
to hear from those who agree with Mark and Mike, that we should not have
any with "MUST".

What say you?

See my last message to Eric:

http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2006q3/004249.html

I vote for a minimum requirement and expectation that is part of the
fundamental email infrastructure.  In regards to DKIM, that should be the
FROM:  (If I had my choice, I would suggest the DATE: too just to be
consistent with RFC 2822 minimum requirements).

However, I say this from a Domain Signature Authorization point of view
which as you know, I am a strong advocate of.  It can be "adjustable" if the
domain policy says its ok.   But  I believe this will complicate policy
concepts so I vote for a minimum requirement.