Re: [ietf-dkim] Draft minutes...

2006-07-12 17:41:37
Eric Allman wrote:

Huh? You've got me completely confused. DKIM should /never/ add Resent-* fields. I don't see how that is stated or implied. I can see how you might think that it has to include them in h= even if they didn't already exist, so I've added "if included" to the text.

I meant added to h=. You're forcing a DKIM protocol change to mandate that
they be present. And yes, your previous wording wasn't at all clear about whether they only MUST be added if they were present. And I'm not sure that "if included" would be right -- if they're that important, you'd want to guard against insertions
later in malicious MTA's, right?

Resent-* may seem "quaint" to you, but they are still in-spec and used (by me, if no one else).

The issue is whether we really need to break a bunch of DKIM implementations over
this. It sure doesn't seem to raise to that level of urgency to me.

      Mike

eric

--On July 12, 2006 4:56:49 PM -0700 Michael Thomas <mike(_at_)mtcc(_dot_)com>