Re: [ietf-dkim] Draft minutes...

2006-07-12 16:55:43
Eric Allman wrote:

For the same reason From: has to be signed --- they represent the [fill in blank with your favorite word: author, originator, whatever] of the message. I suppose we can legitimately ask why From: MUST be signed though. In terms of interoperability it is not required, but in terms of being useful it seems like it is.

I'm unclear on Resent-From and Resent-Sender: can they be added in transit? If so, the MUST as worded below will guarantee the signature won't be valid
  after somebody adds those headers.

  I guess if you're going to make these MUST requirements why Sender or
  ListID aren't MUST's too. Frankly I think the wording with From, Subject
  and Date is fine and leave the rest to the disgression of the signer.

      Mike

eric

--On July 12, 2006 4:36:41 PM -0700 Michael Thomas <mike(_at_)mtcc(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Eric Allman wrote:

     > section 3.6.2, Resent-From, and Resent-Sender MUST also be
       included.

Why MUST these be signed?

       Mike