[ietf-dkim] Yahoo's domainkeys as historic: timing

2006-07-15 12:06:11

Folks,

Mark has written a draft [1] that documents the pre-WG state of
domainkeys. This is to be discussed on the next IESG telechat,
with the goal being for it to be published as an historic RFC.

Barry and I (and Russ, and I suspect most of us) support publishing
this as an historic RFC.

We've been asked a question about timing where there may however
be differing views and we wanted to get the WG's opinion.

The question: is it better for this document to be published as an historic RFC "now" or at the same time as the standards track DKIM
base RFC is published? (Where all timings here are modulo the RFC
editor's queuing discipline.)

So, the potential answers are:

   "now", or,

   "same time", or,

   "don't care".

Since the next IESG telechat is on the 20th [2], if you could let
us know what you think by the end of Tuesday, that'd be good,

Thanks,
Stephen.

PS: The DKIM threats draft is also on this IESG telechat agenda.

[1] http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-delany-domainkeys-base-05.txt
[2] http://www.ietf.org/IESG/agenda.html