Re: [ietf-dkim] Possible problem with "simple" body canonicalization -- trailing CRLFs

2006-07-19 09:14:46
Exactly. If you're using something other than SMTP DATA, such as SMTP
BDAT, it is conceivable that the body could wind up without an ending
CRLF. Of course, the likelihood of both that *AND* the MTA adding an
extra CRLF during transmission does seem to me to be rather low.

So, do we worry about this potential case or not?

        Tony

Michael Thomas wrote:
I must be missing something. The 821 input string of:

a b</body></html>CRLF
.
CRLF

already contains the final CRLF of the body, so there wouldn't be a
situation where you'd ever see an input string of the form: a
b</body></html> (no crlf), right? Or are you saying that's the case
for DATA, but maybe not BDAT?