Re: [ietf-dkim] Possible problem with "simple" body canonicalization -- trailing CRLFs

2006-07-19 13:42:37
Exactly. If you're using something other than SMTP DATA, such as SMTP
BDAT, it is conceivable that the body could wind up without an ending
CRLF....

BDAT is part of the CHUNKING extension defined in experimental RFC
1830 in 1995.  It's been 11 years.  Does anyone use it?  Has anyone
even proposed making it standards track?  I don't ever recall running
into it, so I don't see any point in worrying about it.

We may well end up using the DKIM key infrastructure for signatures of
other things, but it's going to take a lot more than deciding which
line endings to ignore to make that happen.

R's,
John

PS: If anyone ever updates that RFC, it's now called Chongqing.