Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP complications, wa The URL to my paper ...

2006-07-28 07:48:54

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Farrell" <stephen(_dot_)farrell(_at_)cs(_dot_)tcd(_dot_)ie>

Anyway I guess this is just another argument to require support for
inclusion of some kind of allowed-signer list in SSP statements, and
maybe also for a requirement that the SSP statements should be able
to be "sourced" independently of key records. I guess the WG should
consider both requirements and adopt 'em or drop 'em, so including
them for now is probably right.

+1 for both - signer list, independent records.

Incidentally, the DSAP proposal currently considers an "allow list" tag
definition:

4.3.  DSAP Tag; 3pl=<dom-list>;

   The 3pl= is an optional tag that defines a list of 3rd party domains
   who are allowed to DKIM sign the message as a 3rd party signer.  This
   tag is ignored unless 3rd party signing policy is expected or
   optional (3p=always or 3p=optional).

   <dom-list> is a comma delimited list of domain names.

   Example:

   3pl=isp.com,outsource.com,mailinglist.com;

One initial and obvious design consideration is length limit related. One
reviewer did suggest some 'include' concept or protocol to access large
list.